Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sunday

We had a very productive Sunday.
First, we shampooed are carpets..... no more "gray" knees for our grandbabies.
(talk about horrifying....what a way to find out how dirty your carpets are.  LOL )
After that we worked in the yard.

This little flower bed is the only one I can never get "just right".
It's up against the house. We used to have rose bushes and shrubs, but one of our dogs chewed everything to bits. He was our son's dog and we havent' had him for quite some time, but I just can't decide what to do with this bed.  I still blame the dog.


The Handyman....figuring out how to get water to my garden  (so that I dont' have to drag a sprinkler)



I put a couple of Hens and Chicks in this planter on my patio. I have so many hens and chicks I don't know what to do.



The small garden again.  I will use the chain link fence to train my squash to go up.
It says we can do that in the "Square Foot Gardening" book.



Ta Da!!
Somethings growing!
I do have radishes coming up.
I have to get out there with my tweezer to thin them.



The Handyman has installed a "drip" system so that I don't have to hand water all my hanging pots.  But he discovered a leak. It was spraying all over!
We also have a "mister" for when it gets really  hot.
Which is only a few times a year.  We live in "northern" Nevada and we are high...about 4000 feet.
But the mister is really nice those couple of bbq's we have when it is hot.

The Handyman also had to cut down a dead cherry tree -- but I didn't get a picture of that.



This is Ginger.  Our very aggressive Hummingbird. 
She HATES for us to be out on our patio.
And that's where we like to have our supper all summer long.
We are not bothered by bugs much in Nevada, but an angry mama hummingbird?
Watch Out!
My son, the first time he went outside, came back in and said,  "a giant mosquito" was after him.
We have since come to a wary acceptance.... from the hummingbird, not my son.
She'll let us be out there, but we better not make any sudden moves.



1 comment:

  1. Everything looks nice! You don't want roses in that little spot again? I have to go take a pic of my garden!

    ReplyDelete